Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Tribute to Strawberries

Oh, Happy Day!  My local farm stand opened yesterday.  I made a bee-line to snatch up the first pickings of their sweet, juicy and organically grown strawberries.  The woman in front of me bought the last flat of berries, but I managed to score three of the last containers.  How I wish each of you could taste these berries. They are nothing like the ones you find at your local supermarket.   When you bite into them, the first thing you notice is that they aren't white in the middle. They are a beautiful, deep red color.  They are sweet-- no added sugar necessary.  Other than our homegrown tomatoes, it is the arrival of strawberries that transforms my winter-clock into thinking of warmer weather, grilling and delectable recipes made with strawberries.

Today, I'd like to share with you past recipes that my family looks forward to enjoying until the first frosts of Fall weather returns.  Just click on the recipe name to view the recipe/tutorial. Beginning with Breakfast/Brunch:





 For a savory twist, strawberries and spinach are a terrific pairing.  The poppy seed dressing is outstanding...one of our very favorite recipes makes a beautiful presentation for a Strawberry-Spinach Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing. 


Now, for the grand Finale....Desserts!  We love Strawberry Desserts!  






Our #1, Favorite Strawberry Dessert...


This cake is making an encore, this weekend.  The sponge cake is easy and delicious and the frosting is so good. The tutorial is worth checking out.  

Today is a gorgeous Spring Day, and I'm off to enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment