Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th of July treats from my Tried & True contributions



Today, in America-- the land of the free-- we are firing up the grills, shucking corn, stirring the beans and getting ready to grill our steaks, chicken and shrimp. I can hardly wait!

My brother lives in Santa Cruz, CA (aka "Surf City") ... and just across the street from Capitola Beach:
It's a beautiful area, just across the Monterey Bay-- a scenic drive past the Castroville artichoke fields and at the gateway of the beautiful redwood forests of Santa Cruz/Highway 17.

I thought I'd post a two of my most viewed recipes. I am making these to my brother's shindig. Both of these come from the Pioneer Woman Cooks. I refer to several of her recipes as "The Devil's Spawn". These are wickedly good, loaded with calories and always a hit whenever I make them.

The garlic bread is outstanding! I've already frozen some, and all I have to do is thaw it and broil it. For details on how to make it, click here:

The sheet cake, also from Pioneer Woman, (also known as Texas Chocolate Sheetcake) is so simple to make. I already know that it will be a hit at the party. To see how to make it, click here:

I am taking a break from spending so much time in my kitchen, after three days of jam making. I'm seriously considering making the white cake version and garnishing it with fresh strawberries.


PW Garlic Cheese Bread

This wonderful recipe comes from the very popular "The Pioneer ...

See PW Garlic Cheese Bread on Key Ingredient.



Texas Sheetcake aka: "Pioneer Woman's" Best Ever Chocolate Sheet Cake

There are no words to describe how ultimately sinful and ...

See Texas Sheetcake aka: "Pioneer Woman's" Best Ever Chocolate Sheet Cake on Key Ingredient.


Happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment