Friday, June 26, 2009

"Greek Tacos"


This is the second time that I have made Rachael Ray's recipe for Ground Gyros & Tzasiki Sauce. My husband has traveled through Saudi Arabia and he says that the combination of spices give an authentic flavor. He loved it!

I used chili powder, cumin, coriander and oregano and cinnamon.

Tzasiki sauce is fast and easy to make. This one uses Greek yogurt (you really wanted the thickness), garlic, cucumber, lemon juice and I added a little cumin and fresh dill from my garden.

I used ground lamb. If you don't like lamb, you could use a combo of ground beef and/or pork. Other ingredients include Rachael Ray's beloved Montreal Steak Seasoning feta cheese and thawed chopped spinach.

To squeeze out the excess water in thawed spinach, I always turn to my potato ricer. Otherwise, use a clean dish towel or cheese cloth.

Form the mixture into a long loaf and place on top of a cooling rack, over a foil-lined baking sheet.

While the lamb is roasting, I prepared my garnishes. We like alfalfa sprouts, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion and pepperoncini peppers. If you haven't tried peperoncini peppers, buy a jar of them. They're very mild and can add extra zip to sandwiches. Yummy!

This smells delicious! It's ready to be sliced and served.

We were extra hungry when I made this meal, so I could not take time to photograph the finished sandwich. There are times when my boys grow weary of waiting for me to photograph dinner. Even when I quickly shot the sandwich, being held in my hand, I could see them rolling their eyes with my peripheral vision.

With this meal, I made garlic-oven fries. Rachael Ray makes waffle fries with a gravy, but somehow that just didn't rock my world.


If you love gyros, I think you'd like this fast version. We sure did!

From my kitchen to yours,




Ground Gyros & Tzasiki Sauce

If you love gyros, this is Rachael Ray's fast ...

See Ground Gyros & Tzasiki Sauce on Key Ingredient.




Garlic Oven Fries

This recipe comes from "The Purple Foodie" blogsite.

These are ...

See Garlic Oven Fries on Key Ingredient.

No comments:

Post a Comment