Saturday, January 16, 2010

My Recipe Index is online and a Storm is A-Comin'


Photos by my brother, Fred

This whole week has been a rough one-- the crisis in Haiti compelled me take a break from blogging food pictures. I'm somewhat relieved to read that aid is arriving to help the earthquake victims-- albeit, very slowly.  Work was also very hectic.  I have three days off, and I am very thankful.  Physically and emotionally, I feel like I've been battered with my own storms!

A big storm is expected to hit the Central Coast of California in a matter of hours.  The predictions are that a lot of rain and snow will be dumped all over the state.  We desperately need the rain, and I hope that the storm will not cause too much damage to the areas that were hard hit by a forest fire. Mud Slides are always a concern for the Big Sur Area and for the mountains of Santa Cruz. My brother has already told us that he can see the storm out in the horizon (he lives across the street from the ocean).

My recipe index is online!

Due to popular request, I have started a recipe index.  I'm so glad that "Barbara" (the Assistant Principal I work with) and a few other bloggers have asked me if I would create this!  It was the push I needed, so I have finally finished listing my recipes by Alphabet and by Category.  It was interesting for me to see how many recipes I've made in just over a year!  So many, I had forgotten about!  As I got closer to my very first posts, I thought-- UGH.  I really need to photograph these dishes, now that I've learned that flash photography does not an appetizing picture make!

I'll fine-tune the index, add some photos and foo-foo the layout at a later time. For now, it's just a basic index, and I hope that you really like it!  I am working with my Blog Fairy to design a blog button (also a request) and to upgrade a few more things on my food blog!

So here is the address: "A Feast for the Eyes Recipe Index", and I have added the click-through on my sidebar.

I hope to return to sharing with you the recipes I've been making.  Hopefully, this weekend, we won't lose power and I can enjoy the sound of rain, a crackling fire and my laptop.


Photos by Fred Arellano

No comments:

Post a Comment